Custody Attorney

You’re in a tough situation and need help. You’re not sure what to do, where to go, or who you can trust. That’s why we are here for you! The custody attorneys at Dasinger Defense have the skills and experience necessary to help people just like you.

We provide top-notch legal representation for all of your family law needs so that you can focus on taking care of your kids.

How Does Legal Custody Work in Alabama?

Like in most states, the family court will only grant full custody to one parent.

In Alabama, the courts look at several factors when determining which parent should receive full legal custody:

  • Whether the parents are fit and willing to act as co-parents in a cooperative manner with respect for each other’s parental rights;
  • The needs of the child; and
  • Any history or evidence of domestic violence between either party is relevant but not determinative unless there has been an order under § 30-15-12. If there has been such an order protecting one party from abuse by another, it may be considered if there have been any violations.

In some situations, both parties can reach an understanding and split custody in a fair manner. However, this isn’t always the case.

Our Vast Experience in Family Law & Child Custody

The attorneys at Dasinger Defense have been protecting the rights of parents and children for over a decade. We are a full-service family law firm that provides high-quality representation to our clients in all areas of family law, including custody disputes.

We work relentlessly on behalf of you and your child or children so that you can focus on what truly matters – building healthy relationships with your kids while working out whatever challenges come up along the way.

We serve clients in cities throughout Baldwin County Alabama, in areas such as:

  • Gulf Shores
  • Foley
  • Orange Beach
  • Robertsdale
  • Fairhope
  • Daphne

Receive a Free Case Evaluation Today!

If you’re looking for help about how to get legal custody in Alabama, contact us today! Schedule a free case evaluation with a member of our legal team.

The Law Offices of Brian A. Dasinger

22811 U.S. Hwy 98
Suite 3
Fairhope, AL 36532

632 Gulf Shores Pkwy, Suite 207,
Gulf Shores Al 36542

Monday - Friday 8am to 6pm

(251) 928-5588

(251) 928-8855